AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 4/28/2015 12:05 (#4542514 - in reply to #4540858)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

SWOH
I was once in your shoes. I worked for not much for a long time. I was told several things, some things happened the way I was told, some things didn't...more due to circumstances than anything. I was the oldest and the first one to come back and pretty much got used as a guinea pig and those family members that followed me back got off easy in my eyes. And that bothered me for a long time until I was mature enough to see how it all happened. We had full time non family hired people and not once did I ever think they should be let go to make room for me. And not once did I ever ask for a raise, I got one when it could be afforded AND after I proved I was worth it. It would appear by just what I've read in this thread you haven't matured enough to take the hired guys place. I know you won't be happy hearing that but someday you'll look back and understand it. I actually commend your dad for being loyal to the guy and doing the right thing. You have two options...stay put and hope it all turns out good or leave and find something else to do and in the future if there's an opportunity then you'll be set and trying to figure out what to do with your own kids when they decide they want to join you. For maturity sake I hope you find someplace else to go. If not, than either put up or shut up. Not trying to be mean, that's reality. I wish to God some of these Ag schools would teach reality. The hired guy should get paid more than you. You seem to be looking out for what's best for you and not what's best for the farm, and that won't work when there's somebody else involved.

Just curious...how much of this is coming from your wife? Because these kinds of situations cause divorces, too. Especially that young.

It's hard to get a read on somebody over the internet, but just from what you put on here you have "it's all about me" syndrome. You'll have a miserable life in this situation if you don't change your attitude. Trust me. Your dad doesn't owe you thing, you need to go earn it. Physically and emotionally. And if that bothers you, go find something else to do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)