AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adam and Eve they lived how long
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 9/22/2017 04:25 (#6262693 - in reply to #6257505)
Subject: RE: Adam and Eve they lived how long

OntarioCanuck - 9/19/2017 15:21

So your bible has never changed since the last changes were made to it.
And you think that is good?

Why has it never been changed to say that slavery is bad?
That the world is not flat?
That the sun revolves around the earth and the stars are other 'suns' not just little lights hung in the sky where heaven rested above it?

You see that is the problem with just believing what was written by people hundreds of years ago is 'cast in stone' and will never be changed.
Do you understand the scientific method which is always asking questions and looking for errors in what we think is true now?
Scientific findings are always subject to change when new evidence and knowledge shows the old understanding was wrong, that is its advantage.

Did you know that the scientific method was developed and used hundreds of years before christianity began?
And the belief that christianity had that the bible which they put together 1700 years ago knew and predicted everything brought about the demise of the scientific method and the destruction of much writings and knowledge that had been developed for hundreds of years before? This led to the 'dark ages' in Europe where the church kept science based studies and findings from being used to further knowledge.

Look into this it is quite interesting how trying to fix everything to what was known in the past has held back mankind.
I would have no problem whatsoever if mankind had the brakes applied to further progress. Someday mankind will progress himself out of existence. I have read each and every post above. Personally, all I have to do is take a real good look at my surroundings, and the wonder of it all to come up with my beliefs. And that is it wasn't just happenstance that I am here. Lively discussion though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)