AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adam and Eve they lived how long
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 9/20/2017 12:45 (#6259511 - in reply to #6259394)
Subject: RE: Adam and Eve they lived how long

Sanilac Co. Michigan
I have a hard time understanding someone that claims to be a Christian, but insisting one need not rely on the atoning sacrifice of Christ in order to be saved. From a biblical perspective, that runs counter to everything Christ and his apostles taught in the word given us in the new testament. I absolutely despise the notion that some sins are less noxious in Gods eye than others, like there's some sort of sliding scale! The entirety of scripture reinforces over and over again the contempt the Almighty holds for our good works and our inability in and of ourselves to become reconciled to our heavenly father. How often do we need to be reminded that the wages is sin is death?

Another thing I think many people don't really get or misunderstand is the notion that the "good" are rewarded with an eternity in Heaven! That's not at all what the scriptures teach. It's made clear that death is akin to sleep and that the dead will arise, as did Christ, on the last day along with those yet living to be judged. Then immediately they will be separated and those condemned will be cast out into eternal darkness and those justified will be welcomed into a new heaven and new earth. New bodies, new life in communion with God and each other. That's why the creed declares "we look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come".

So, "Come Lord Jesus!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)