AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adam and Eve they lived how long
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 9/19/2017 12:45 (#6257275 - in reply to #6257168)
Subject: RE: Adam and Eve they lived how long

Roanoke, IN
2 Tim 3

"1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. 

14But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of Goda may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

What did Jesus have to say about the "somewhat advanced study materials put out by renowned expert religious scholars and seminarians who have specifically dedicated their lives to studying" of his day?

Jesus and the writers of the NT never contradicted Genesis and referenced it many times.

I don't agree with your rendition of OT vs NT. One does not supersede the other. OT points to Jesus many ways, shows man cannot save himelself, nobody can keep Gods law, show animal sacrifice is a short term cover up, shows God's power to judge & forgive. We need both to help understand the complete picture, and yet there are still holes & questions that won't be answered until judgement day.

Matt 5
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

I find pursuit of Biblical Truth through advanced scholarship and context of the Bible to be better for me.

I find pursuit of Biblical Truth through READING THE BIBLE along with prayer and a concordance or smartphone handy works for me. I don't need others opinions of the text, the text works better for me. See above if still confused.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)