AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adam and Eve they lived how long
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 9/20/2017 19:45 (#6260095 - in reply to #6259864)
Subject: RE: Adam and Eve they lived how long

Sanilac Co. Michigan
Apparently I've misunderstood you, but it seemed to me you were looking for some hard and fast rules over and above trusting that Jesus redeemed you from your sin. Let me try to put this another way. I don't believe that you have had to read the bible in its entirety and have absolute certainty that all the events recorded in all of its books are technicality accurate. For instance, when a chronicaler reports battle deaths or army sizes and such they most typically use whole numbers, ie 20,000 instead of 19,741 I think they do a bit of rounding. Some things just don't bear the requirement of taking them literally. I don't think you'd be barred from eternal life if you didn't believe Baalams Ass spoke as reported or you doubted the Genesis narrative. Shoot, I'm pretty sure there are a vast number of people who never had access to, much less have read the bible through time, that were moved to trust Christ as their Savior and have inherited their place in Gods kingdom.

It only took me a lifetime to come to grips with my own doubts. It all boiled down to a couple key things. If I am convinced that Jesus died, was buried and was bodily resurrected from the dead, then why can't the other events recorded in the bible be true? It really doesn't require that great a leap of faith!

I guess I don't think its a very good idea to try to rationalize the creation account or the flood, the parting of the red sea and a host of other events some people scoff at. Just let God be what he says he is and not try to shape him to fit our delicate sensibilities. Until someone comes along and is publicly tried, condemned, publicly executed, pronounced "not just merely dead, but really quite sincerely dead", gets buried, resurrects himself from the dead and publicly eats and drinks with folks while proclaiming the bible is rubbish and he's the only god you need to pay attention to, I think I'll put my trust in Jesus of Nazareth and what he thought of the scriptures.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)