AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

if a land owner calls....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

turnipted
Posted 11/29/2013 09:52 (#3478622 - in reply to #3475582)
Subject: Re: if a land owner calls....

Has anyone brought up how much rent or workload? Same deal here,was offered 200 acres of good dirt four miles away all in one chunk that laid nice. Rent was a little high but more importantly knocking off another 200 acres with just me,myself and I would have been stretching it workload wise as far as keeping "family time" in tact. My Dad always said "your kids only grow up once and they will always remember the time you spent or the activities you attended long before how many acres you farmed or what date you got the crop planted or harvested". Took this to heart and said no. Landlord said he understood and will keep me in mind when my son gets a little older to help more. Tough decision because opportunity doesn't come knocking often but you have to look at the big picture sometimes. High rent around here and landlords typically are hard to wean when prices tank...at least accordingly. Your call your life and most of the time when it's gone, it's gone. You snooze you lose but sometimes that works out for the better......been there!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)