AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

field tiling laws?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/26/2012 16:26 (#2355023 - in reply to #2353749)
Subject: Re: field tiling laws?

southern MN
So there was an agreement, altho it timed out. At least there was an agreement.

The timing of all this was horrible for you. And not contacting you about it before proceeding was wrong.

Moving forward, I think it will be much as redgreendust says....

You indicated to us that the tile was going to dump water onto your land - if that is what the buyer understood as well, of _course_ he is not going to want to walk into this!!!

If the tile is tied into a main that was orginally agreed to years ago, and sized to reasomnably handle the water flow, then there is almost no issue at all with this - if everyone cools down and looks the facts over.

The standpipe (vertical) can be removed if the buyer wants that.

Changing the tile now is going to be difficult - can't simply cut it off, it will make a pool where it is cut - so either it remains as it is, or someone needs to run a new main from where it connects now to the outlet area.

This could be tied up a long time - years - if wish to fight it totally.

If it would get to a point of fighting tooth and nail - as some cases get to that point - be real sure of your state laws on drainage - some states allow neigghbors to just dump water onto their downhill neighbors. Make sure if this gets ugly that you are aware of where it can lead.

Obviously you want it settled, and I understand it's terrible timing and terrible frustration.

I hope you and the buyer look over the options and make it work out.

These types of disagreements have been going on for centuries now, as farmers with too much or too little water fight over it.You are not the first to run into this.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)