AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

field tiling laws?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/23/2012 13:28 (#2350319 - in reply to #2350310)
Subject: Re: field tiling laws?

southern MN
Well, I wish I hd nwighbors like that, if he put 300 feet of tile and a drain into my field I's sure be happy!

But, if it's not what you wanted then it is wrong of him to do that.

Now, it sounds like you are not an active farmer and not so familiar with tiling?

What many folks try to do is tile their water into someone else's tile, as they would have to run 1000's of feet of tile or not really have any other downhill slope to go to. So, are you sure they put a drain tile into your ground? Or did they connect up a drain from their fields into an exsisting tile in your field? This would be more likely.

Along with the suggestions on starting out friendly until you get a grasp of what is going on, I'd suggest getting someone familiar with tile out there to see what did happen.

This os one of those things that is 9/10ths done.... Public folk won't want to get involved at all because it is already done and just going to be a mess to resolve.

If it truely is a drain on property that is farmland then he gave you $500 worth of imprevements that would make your property much more valuable, but again I understand it's tresspassing and all. And it would be difficult to see why he would do that, so more likely he hooked up to an existing tile in your property? If he hooked up to public tile then it's a small deal to you, if he hooked up to a private tile of yours and will overload it that can be a big deal to you.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)