AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

field tiling laws?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/23/2012 23:29 (#2351174 - in reply to #2350283)
Subject: RE: field tiling laws?

southern MN
Water brings out a lot of emotion in farmers, lot of battles fought over trying to get or get rid of water over the years. Everyone is going to remember their battles over the years, and relate them to your problem...... With more emotion than help. ;) We all have stories where we got bit by someone trying to dry us up or flood us out....... Cost me $4500 two years ago to fix a problem a utility cost me, and spent $10,000 to fix a problem a neighbor started back in the 1950's that worked with dad - they both tried to get by cheap. Cost dad & me a lot of crop over the years, but was good neighbors and just doing their thing - and turned into a deal where the water did shoot up out of the tile in our field as somene mentioned....

You don't have a real good description of what actually happened, which way the water is flowing, and so forth. As well, some folks pointed out there might be a shared tile main out there, your dad mighta had an agreement with the neighbor or his dad.....

I was gonna email you, but you don't have your email lilled out right.

I'm in Minnesota also. If you want to bounce ideas around, my email is listed in my info. If you want more 'farmer' perspective on it, once you figure out which way the water flows and where it is flowing to.

I'm sure it's a real shock to see tracks and stuff in your dad's property, and hard to get things put together clearly and all figured out when it torqs a person off. Once you sleep on it and get things figured out, go from there.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)