AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Employees...Asset or PITA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dryfarmer
Posted 11/9/2018 11:35 (#7095017 - in reply to #7094966)
Subject: RE: Employees...Asset or PITA

Eastern Washington
Mikeswoh,

I may not need that level of help but I know it exists I have neighbors that have guys that keep the show running when they leave for a week don't call for help every 2 hrs and know and see what needs done. I can get by with less, of course but I watch my relatives hire any high school kid with a pulse and spend all of their valuable time managing them. I would like to spend my time when I can doing things that make me more money than doing all the tractor driving and spraying myself...I've had things slip by that I know would pay a guys monthly salary or more because I'm to much in the trenches and trying to keep the tractor rolling or whatever the specific case may be and not focusing on the business side of things like I like to.

My concern is if I take the sprayer operator, farm experience, cdl experience out of the ad I'm not sure what that leaves me with for parameters of the job. I've got lots of applications just very limited on the quality. I'm getting the guy that worked 6 different places in the last ten years and none are farm related but they did work on a farm for a month in high school changing hand lines.

I do agree that someone that is a solid worker and has been around equipment like yourself can usually learn something new quickly. Just not sure how to convey that in the ad. I do get nervous about just anyone running a sprayer because of the potential mistakes on someone else's ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)