AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm employee question. How would you handle it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

proof
Posted 7/4/2022 23:14 (#9734365 - in reply to #9732610)
Subject: RE: Farm employee question. How would you handle it?

What did he say during his employee reviews? A boss should be giving employees feedback, the good, the bad, and the expectations. If we was doing good work, but slow in February, but you expected him to get better in following months, he should have known it in March, and discussing it in April and May. Poor managing leads to poor employees. Sounds like you took the easy way out in May by ignoring the problem and hoping it would go away. Hope is not a plan. The foreman was asking for help, and you didn't give him the support he needed, but you did show him what was acceptable.
When I was a foreman, I had an employee that either worked slow or didn't do the job at all, unless he was told multiple times. I talked to the area superintendent about what I should do. He told me there was nothing I could do, as the employee was black, and it would be too hard to document things to fire him. I didn't want him fired, I was looking to advice on how to be a better supervisor, and get the employee to improve. I didn't get help or advice I wanted, but I got the message loud and clear, poor performance was acceptable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)