AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sleep apnea??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ByronH
Posted 6/2/2021 21:46 (#9039087 - in reply to #8963046)
Subject: RE: Sleep apnea??

Hey there,

I'm a CPAP mask user as well I have it for almost 6 months. I had some issues and irritations n the beginning but eventually, I'm fine with it.
The tiredness you feel is due to rainouts. Rainout happens when warmer air gets cooled inside the CPAP hose. Sleep interruptions from CPAP machine rainouts can cause you to feel tired.
Do the following steps to minimize CPAP rainouts.
Use Heated CPAP Tubing
Heated tubing helps decrease CPAP rainout by holding the temperature of the air steady as it reaches your mask.
Wrap Your Hose to Keep Air Warm
Wrapping your CPAP hose helps cover the hose and prevents the ambient temperature of your bedroom from causing CPAP rainouts.
Adjust the Ambient Temperature
You can avoid CPAP rainouts if you keep your room extra cold at night.
Look for Machines with Automated Adjustments
Opt for an automated CPAP machine that offers optimal temperature and helps prevent CPAP rainout.
Adjust Humidifier Settings
Talk to your doctor and find the best humidity level for your CPAP machine.
CPAP face masks may be irritating in the beginning, and this irritation can be more serious with patients who have sensitive skin. To help prevent this from happening, wash your face every night before putting on your CPAP mask. you can also use nasal covering liners if you have sensitive skin.
You can also use other methods and accessories like
Soft Wraps
Nasal Pads
CPAP Mask Gel
Cloth Mask
Eye Mask

I got this information from my CPAP provider. You can Check out https://www.cpapoutlet.ca/en/Machines for more details.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)