AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

They say blood is thicker than water... apparently mine is thicker than butter...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 7/14/2020 14:45 (#8373494)
Subject: They say blood is thicker than water... apparently mine is thicker than butter...

Frytown, Iowa
Had my blood drawn and at 36 my cholesterol is 326, HDL 31, LDL over 400, and Trig 1310...

This is the first time I’ve had to stop and think about health and that I’m not going to last forever if something doesn’t change. I read the LDL thread below and it all sounds Greek to me. Called doc to set up appointment for cholesterol drugs. What are they going to recommend me and what had been your experiences with them?

My liquid diet consists of coffee each morning, Arizona’s sweet tea, Arnold Palmer Half and Half, and green tea, then at night 50/50 water and grape juice. Can I keep drinking these drinks? I love them. Occasional beer or Dr Pepper socially but nothing mentioning. Wine on date nights.

Food is pretty consistent: cereal in morning, Caseys if I eat lunch, and supper is either homemade tacos, Korean Beef, burgers, lasagna, meatballs, chicken, each with side of green beans or van kamps, nothing “unhealthy”
This time of year ya.. love butter dripping off sweet corn. My fast food lunches are by far the worst and honestly I feel i could cut them out even though they are not that often. Anything else?

Back to the drugs... what should I say to the drugs. I know I should exercise more. Not like I have time to do that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)