AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

They say blood is thicker than water... apparently mine is thicker than butter...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/15/2020 21:53 (#8376427 - in reply to #8375992)
Subject: in my case

Pittsburg, Kansas

In my case my HDL went from 58 in 2017 to 88 in 2019. Triglycerides improved from 88 to 45. Triglicerides/HDL ratio improved from 1.51 to .51. A1c improved from 7,0 to 5.7

Not a single blood marker turned out worse and several others improved. Not to mention blood pressure back in normal range even though I stopped two BP medicines.

I would not say low carb high good fat diets are the end all be all, but for 2/3 of the population that are over weight, have high insulin levels and other symptoms of metabolic syndrome it ain't bad.

Sure better than the standard diet I was on and taking insulin to keep my blood sugar in control.

Just got a blood test done for this year and anxious to see what it says. I did talk to the doctor about the results (but have not got them in the mail yet) and he did say my A1c was 5.9 so went a little backwards there. Guess I am going to need to cut out that yogurt, berries.nuts desert after supper. I would have been tickled with 5.9 for the 20+ years I was on insulin therapy and a standard diet when it always ran around 6.9-7.0.

A low carb high good fat diet completely changed my life for the better in every way I can think of. Forgive me if I am a little excited about it.

John

Edited by John Burns 7/15/2020 21:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)