AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filling foods low in calories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/9/2020 11:58 (#8030984 - in reply to #8030961)
Subject: RE: Filling foods low in calories

Pittsburg, Kansas
Great if you can find it without a lot of added sugar. Good luck with that.

Our local farm stores sell some beef and pork sticks that I like really well that are pretty high in fat and have a very low level of added sugar, which is about the best one can expect from commercial stuff. I think the brand is Iowa Smoke House. Just check the label. Nearly all will show sugar on the list of ingredients. Then look at the grams sugar in the nutritional information. I will eat the ones that list "0" grams sugar. They still have some added, but it is pretty minimal. Even at 0 that means they can potentially have .9 grams because the food mfg's are allowed to round down. Watch portion sizes. Just because it says 0 grams, if you eat ten of them and they actually have .9 grams sugar, you just ate 9 grams of sugar.

I used to eat quite a lot of them in the first several months of the diet. Pre-meal mostly but occasional snack if I needed it. But as time went by on the diet, I found I was not really hungry so quit almost completely snacking. So we don't buy as many as we used to. A package will sit in the fridge a month now.

If you make your own jerkey, that would be fantastic. Then you can controll the fat to protein and eliminate sugar all together. Then jerkey would be an excellent low carb snack with a high satiety level.

Most commercially prepared jerkey has a TON of sugar in it. What makes us want to eat more.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)