AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filling foods low in calories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/9/2020 11:38 (#8030946 - in reply to #8030931)
Subject: eat fat to burn fat

Pittsburg, Kansas
Fructose will not raise your blood sugar either.

The reason is it bypasses normal digestion and goes directly to the liver to be converted into fat in the liver. Same pathway as alcohol I believe.

The whole oranges are much better than the juice. Pretty hard to eat ten oranges, but about anyone can put down a big glass of orange juice that was squeezed out of ten oranges.

Fruit is ok eaten in moderation or better yet, seasonally like we used to. The lowest sugar fruits are the berries which some of us on low carb diets eat a little of. But portions are small. We will have a a half dozen to a dozen blueberries in with our high fat, plain, no sugar added, Greek style (strained whey out), yogurt. A little bit of shaved 85% chocolate and three chopped up Brazil nuts. That is our almost nightly desert. Sometimes strawberries, rasberries or blackberries instead of blueberries.

For me the main key to not being hungry the next day is to have enough fat and protein at supper the night before. I eat a big supper. Then I skip breakfast and as I am typing here at 1:42 pm I just had a tin of sardines and pork rinds for a light lunch. That will carry me to another delicious big supper tonight around 7.

Don't eat a lot of fat WITH a lot of carbs too though. Perfect way to pack on the pounds if you want to be a Sumo wresseler. The carbs raise the insulin levels and tells the body to "store energy", so both the fat AND carbs get sent to adipose tissue (fat). For fat to cause you to burn and utilize your own body fat, insulin has to be at low levels. Carbs are what raises insulin levels.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/9/2020 11:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)