AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filling foods low in calories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/9/2020 12:05 (#8030999 - in reply to #8030976)
Subject: RE: Filling foods low in calories

Pittsburg, Kansas
I ate quite a bit of peanut butter early on when I started the diet. It is definitely better than a lot of other choices.

Most brands do have quite a bit of added sugar though. As I recall Peter Pan is sweeter than Jif. Check labels is a person is really trying to keep carbs low. The natural ones with no added sugar are available, but of course they don't taste as good.

So much depends on "how low" you wanna go. For us at under 20 grams carbs a day, it is very limiting. At 50, which most likely will keep a metabolically healthy person in ketoses (but not a diabetic) there is considerable more flexibility.

And if a person considers themselves healthy and is not really worried about losing lots of weight but just wants the health benefits of cutting out much of the fast carbs and sugar, 100-120 grams gives LOTS more options eating. That can be done easily by simply cutting out the starchy vegetables and grains.

So it all depends on what a person's goals are how limiting the food choices have to be.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)