AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filling foods low in calories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roush9799
Posted 2/10/2020 12:49 (#8033100 - in reply to #8032012)
Subject: RE: Filling foods low in calories

West Central IL

puff33m - 2/9/2020 20:51 Guessing that you are approaching 40. Time to get a handle on it while your metabolism is functional. Seemed like things went downhill in the late 30s

That is me to a T.  I just turned 40.  I was on the scale about 6-8 months ago at 217 pounds.  Noticed my back and knees were more bothersome than they used to be.  That's what got me into the Low Carb and Intermittent fasting.  I never really gave keto a full go, but the low carb was enough for me.  I aimed for less than 50g/day at the beginning, started skipping breakfast most days.  For one I was always doing breakfast wrong, a pastry was a bad way to start.  I missed eating it the first couple days, but after that I didn't get the mid morning hunger that I used to get when I did eat.  I pack a 32 ounces unsweetened tea with me in the morning with my added potassium and magnesium and drink on that until noon, then have another in the afternoon.  I used to only drink sweet tea and soda.  My weight came off fast.  Since then I've been hovering around 180-185.  Back or knees haven't hurt since.  Could even be from the inflammation going down along with the weight loss.  Now I shoot for 100g or less carbs per day.  Sometimes it may be a little more, some times way less.  I still skip breakfast, my weight stays about the same now.  I'd like to lose a few more, maybe get right in under 180, but I do need to do some lifts or planks to build some muscle.  Seems like the last part of my weight came off my rear, I can't keep my pants on, yet I still have a bit of a bulge out front, but much less than it was.  I think if I can maintain what I have now into the spring, I will get back in better shape then when I get a lot more active outside.  Shop work and housework doesn't seem to give me much exercise.  I still will have an occasional sweet tea, or maybe a soda in a month but I go right back without and don't seem to miss/crave another one.  Have one restaurant that has some of the best Pespi and it's hard not to get it when I eat there.  Same when I visit my mom, she always has sweet tea.  I also want to add, John gives some good advise that has worked for him which he always states.  And he always leaves a link to see for ourselves and draw our own opinions.  Without his posts I wouldn't have been in this shape by now.  I'm not diabetic, I don't follow what he does to a T, but I've used a lot of his ideas and learned a lot by watching the different videos from many different sources and drawing my own conclusions and found what works for me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)