AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Filling foods low in calories
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 2/9/2020 12:23 (#8031046 - in reply to #8030624)
Subject: RE: Filling foods low in calories

Mid Michigan
Once in a while I make my own baked potatos and take them to work as a snack. Usually do it when I make bacon and eggs the night before and I make a little extra bacon for the next day. I take them in for myself and two co-workers. Microwave them for about 4-5 minutes and finish them in the oven in tinfoil and a pat of butter for 25 more minutes. The next day I take in shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and a couple strips of bacon crushed up for each persons potato. We microwave them to warm the potatos. Add the cheese and bacon and another 30 seconds in the microwave and then the sour cream. Potatos are average sized, not huge but they tide you over for most of the day afterwards. I've also been making some caramel apples from craft caramels with nuts on the. I make them about every 6 months for a treat. Usually use red delicious or gala apples. Most days I take some sort of Healthy Choice or Lean quisine tv dinner or a bowl of soup or hot pocket. The Marie Callender dinner I had friday had 19 grams of protien and 260 calories and was turkey, mashed potatos, and steamed carrots and broccolli. They're pretty good. Eat what you like. Nobody should go through life starving. I don't want to live to be 100. FWIW we had a weight loss challenge at work and I weigh 186 and am about 5-10. I looked at the list and everybody on there outweighed me by at least 75 to almost 200 lbs. I decided I must be doing something right so I never bothered entering the challenge. My job is non stop movement all night all over the place and a lot of physical lifting.

Edited by davpal 2/9/2020 12:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)