AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NCIAGS
Posted 12/8/2016 11:24 (#5684451 - in reply to #5679717)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

Not good that 1, he called him that, 2, that he would hold practice on a Sunday. Have it before school on Monday morning that is what we used to do. That being said. I have always had the stance that sports are just different, and should be handled differently than your normal walk of life. How many accountants have a crowd watching them when they complete a tax return? It's a totally different environment. It's competitive, fast paced, and emotional. It's just different. I think you need to know that going in as a parent and a player, especially at the HS level. We all blame the youth of today for being soft, but I think the parents rushing to the outrage department every time little Timmy gets his feelings hurt is part of the problem too. Not to mention how many of you on here had you son or daughter hear you cuss up one side and down the other when the silo unloader quit on a 10 degree morning, or when you lit into them for leaving the hopper bottom door open when they got back to the field. In the heat of the moment your ticked, and say some things you shouldn't. Little Timmy and his buddies probably call each other those names all the time in the hallway and locker room.

But if you feel you really need to do something, why not talk to the coach in person(not via text or phone call) first, rather than going straight to his boss? You may be able to resolve the whole thing in 5 minutes, and move on. Learning experience for all involved.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)