AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SWMOWHEATFARMER
Posted 12/7/2016 06:35 (#5681517 - in reply to #5681491)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

SW MO
Pvafarm - 12/7/2016 06:17

To the OP? Don't let the coach get away with this. Many coaches are like little kids in their mentality. Illinois Steve is right that it's always been this way but that's crap because it's getting worse. Practices on Saturday, Sunday, mandatory over Christmas and spring breaks with tourneys? And that blows out any family time that's way more important. I'm disgusted with sports and sport parents - sports are the lowest common denominator for parents to say "I'm so busy" (following my kid around) and they are doing absolutely nothing. It's teaching our kids to be followers, not leaders and society is so stupid to not see that. Enough from me.

Amen to that. I never played sports in highschool, but it kind of got under my skin whenever kids said, "I'm so worn out from practice but of course you wouldn't know that blah blah blah," While at the same time I was out running a tractor working ground etc. from the time that I got off of the bus until daybreak during harvest with maybe a couple of hours of sleep and was out there the next morning doing the same thing. FFA and farm kids get the lazy label put on them by coaches while in reality, they would probably think that it was a nice break to have a two hour practice every night and then go screw around with friends doing nothing productive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)