AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 12/6/2016 10:35 (#5679717)
Subject: High school sports again

west central Iowa
Last year I complained on here about our son never getting to start at basketball even though he always went in after a couple minutes and the played the rest of the game. It was a situation where a kid got promised he would start if he went out. Well this year that kid never went out so our son is getting to start finally. They lost a tough game Friday night and I suppose the coach was in a bad mood. He told the kids he would text them what time they were having practice on Sunday. My son told him he was busy on Sunday. Then the coach said in a smart voice" I guess you won't make it to practice then". My son replied probably kind of exasperated that he was going to a club calf sale. Then the coach got in his face and called him a f------ p---- . Then another kid got between them and the coach calmed down and stomped out. Our son never told us this Friday night because he knew we would have done something then. But he told us later and other parents told us their kids told them the same thing. The coach later apologized via text message. I kind of think I should call the superintendent and suggest the coach should apologize in front of the team since the incident happened I front of the team. I also think the coach should be disciplined since this is unacceptable behavior. But my wife thinks doing anything could backfire and make it worse for our son. Another thing complicating matters is our district will no longer have high school next year so nobody's worried about next year. Any opinions thanks in advance

Edited to add I forgot the worst part the basketball coach is our daughters 4th grade teacher.

Edited by 801486 12/6/2016 12:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)