AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 12/6/2016 15:08 (#5680216 - in reply to #5679717)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

west central Iowa
Just wanted to clarify a couple things. The coach has told the kids it's ok if they miss a practice now and then, they are just supposed to let him know as soon as possible, as my son was doing. As far as making a choice between sports and 4h the coaches know if they did that they probably wouldn't have a team. My son missed football for FFA national convention and the football coach didn't seem to hold that against him. My son isnt perfect but this is the probably the first basketball practice he's missed and he made it to all the pre season (camps) that a lot of the other starters didn't go to and we are physically farthest from the school. He also said he is the first one to be criticized if he misses shots, he was 2 for 4 on three pointers one game while another player that was 2 for 13 didn't get criticized. The coach mentioned to us he needs to be more confident, but if he is called out publicly every time he misses a shot he won't build any confidence. I know it's probably no use to argue with the coach about that, but I don't know about what happened Friday night, I would let it lie if I was sure it or something worse wouldn't happen later. Hopefully the coach has learned his lesson, but I don't know. Just talking to him I never would have expected what happened now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)