AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ks cowman
Posted 12/6/2016 14:55 (#5680188 - in reply to #5679717)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

Southeast Kansas
I disagree with most of the responses on here. I think high school sports and everything that goes along with it is a very good character development process. Teaching a kid to work hard, be "coachable", never accept defeat are all HUGE life lessons. Especially the coachable part, Add a year or two to a high school athletes age and replace coach with boss. Are you going to get involved in your kids job when they are say 19 and their boss yells at them? I really hope not. High school sports (wrestling for me) was the only thing keeping me involved in class and I think there are alot more kids like that than people think. Growing up heavily involved in wrestling probably wasnt the most physically healthy thing I could of done(i.e. cutting alot of weight) but I believe it truly helped define the work ethic and cliche "never quit attitude" that I have today.

Oh and to the original question, from my experience being an athlete,as well as a coach, if you dont come to practice you dont play no matter what day of the week the practice is as long as you were notified in an adequate amount of time. Being told Friday night you have practice sunday but i dont know what time yet is very extreme.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)