AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

roush9799
Posted 12/6/2016 12:56 (#5680002 - in reply to #5679717)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

West Central IL

I can see some of the coaches taking it way over the top.  They play like it's the NBA.  99% of these kids aren't going to play basketball after high school.  I see some parents the same way.  In football, they were starting them out at about 7 or 8 here.  I think they had the lowest number ever go out in high school last year or this year, as the kids were burnt out and done with it by then.  They were trying to make some super team and have the kids play football their whole young life and it back fired.  Kids need activities, but, they need variety too.  Too much of one thing will burn a kid out, as I see your child is also into ag activities.  I would explain to him that there's more to life than just basketball.  Evidently the coach needs him if he plays him the much of the game.  I would let it go, see what happens when he comes back.  I know when I played basketball when i was in school, we would have a Saturday practice unless there was a game, but no Sunday practice.  If you missed a practice, the coach told you that you had to sit out the next game, but he always played all of us anyways.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)