AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 12/6/2016 20:04 (#5680855 - in reply to #5680188)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

just a tish NE of central ND

Sports really never did teach me a danged thing about working, I was taught to work somewhere other thant the sports feild.. more like in the agriculture feilds.....
..... Sports taught a lot of families to enjoy life and party after games though....bars were full after every game...
IDK..... I learned from parents that went through depression era that sports was entertainment. My parents said, makeing a living comes first, then sports /entertainment/ if there is time for it. I always figured they were right since I witnessed some folks that never missed a game no matter where or what time of day or which day of harvest or haying activity it attend games...... Then soon watch their own farms auction off on the courthouse steps due to reposession ....Always made me mad at the time we had to stay and work, but later appreciated it a LOT more.
Heck, more folks pay attention to all the sports than they ever do to religion/political problems. ITS NO wonder no one knows where food comes from....
I hope the original posters son goes on in life and proves himself and is so successfull he can put the coach to shame in life with his own success......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)