AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High school sports again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mikado
Posted 12/6/2016 19:23 (#5680745 - in reply to #5680570)
Subject: RE: High school sports again

SW WI
Extremely blessed to have some good role models for coaches of my kids teams over the years. Just very good people that truely care abound the kids and expect them to be good people along with giving 100% in their sport.

Football coach is top notch, tells a story about an assistant that was upset with a player. Coach asks his assistant "can the player physically do what your asking?"
Assistant: No
Coach: Is he giving 100% of his ability?
Assistant: Yes, but...
Coach: No buts, that all we can expect. Do we have anyone else ready for that position?
Assistant: No
Coach: Then I really don't want to hear anymore

Most former players always take time to say hello to coach when they are in the area.

Maybe it's a generational thing but I can relate to the football coach Steve describes. My H.S. coach even played in the NFL for a few years but could not teach a lick of what got him that far. Yell, demean players, let his favorites do whatever they wanted, tell kids they didn't matter. Hmmm, strange thing, teams I was on usually just won a couple of games a year. Teams my son's were on regularly win conference championships and capped off last year (2015) with a state championship.

Edited by mikado 12/6/2016 19:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)