AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

junk fun
Posted 5/10/2021 11:58 (#8997837 - in reply to #8997492)
Subject: RE: Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?

Wisconsin
IN555 - 5/10/2021 08:13

... after it stopped raining I went there and it was dry but then have to watch it boil out the next few days flooding my field.

So their tile is still boiling after your culvert is above the ditch level and the gate is open? That's a big factor that says something else is wrong here, and that's real hard for any of us to understand without seeing anything.

Before that piece of info, I was thinking you need a gate on that tile at the ditch, and a surface inlet/outlet on that tile at your lowest point inside the levee to relieve the static pressure when the ditch is higher. And if you want to get cute, then you put a water control structure on their main where it enters your property that will automatically close the main when the ditch is higher and run through a new better sealed 4-6" main that will handle the pressure and keep their water moving under pressure into the higher ditch. That would keep your blowouts to a minimum. Have to do a little legal research on that cute solution though. If I understand the elevations, which is a big IF, then that is the solution if they won't fix the leaky main. Looks like they'd have been better off with a smaller diameter better sealed main if they cared about the damage to you.

You shouldn't have ever tied into that main, makes it harder to seal it off from blowing out your tile also. Though the standpipe and flapper should fix that, the main is big enough according to everybody. Could also dig the unfarmed part lower for more storage since it's only a couple days the ditch is higher.

Edit: yes a sealed PVC pipe will easily take the pressure and take their higher water through the ditch. I'd think, they'd have the responsibility to maintain the non perforated tile they installed, or you'd have the right to block it, but I'm not a lawyer. edited "standpipe" to make it more clear.

Edited by junk fun 5/10/2021 12:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)