AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 5/9/2021 22:01 (#8996954 - in reply to #8996824)
Subject: RE: Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?

Southern MN
Looking at their pictures were they turning a corner in your field to get their dual wall joints bell together that poorly? Dual wall non perforated pipe with gaskets installed should not have the problems with blowouts. If you can get them to repair it I would make sure they use proper elbows to make the corners. You should be able to make a slow curve even with 18” but not sharp curves.

I would have the lawyer write the letter as talked about above, and if nothing happens be tempted to put a size smaller piece of pipe at the fence line with proper rubber gasket fittings so the tile as installed through your field will handle the flow without blowing out. I have downsized mains on our farms through areas that have much greater fall and have had no problems. But as it has a forced outlet you could still have some problems. Some put an elbow on the culvert where it outlets into the ditch so the water flowing past the outlet during high water flow creates some suction to help the tile outlet.

Looking at your photo again the bell end should be pushed on almost one rib farther so the end of the bell is completely covering the slightly smaller rib that is almost completely showing. It also has to be pushed together squarely. If they were installing properly with 18” gaskets they push together so hard that we usually use an extra piece of tile to push against with the excavator to get them sealed correctly.

Edited by Jrditchdigger 5/9/2021 22:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)