AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 5/9/2021 21:59 (#8996951 - in reply to #8996736)
Subject: RE: Neighbors won’t fix their tile, what would you do?

C IL

I think he potentially may have a design issue and an install issue.

HDPE pipe isn’t rated for any pressure at all, although rule of thumb is 5psi on a non-perf single wall, for the concave face of a slope tie, for example - not for continuous duty.  If the Hydraulic Grade Line is above the ground (as it clearly is) HDPE pipes tend to create blow holes.  

Clearly the joint isn’t installed to seal the O-ring.

20” to the top of the tile probably doesn’t meet ADI Mfg install specs, it doesn’t meet most other specs I have seen.

A full analysis would account for the head pressure at the outlet and account for any back pressure created.  In this scenario maybe using an SDR pipe would be appropriate.  Biggest issue is likely getting thick enough pipe to carry field loads, meeting the pressure spec is no biggie.  But the PVC /HDPE connection and any lateral connections in the field would have to be above the height of the water in the levee.

Putting a gate on the outlet is smart but I am sure there is one there already.

But ... I am speculating from afar.  Would need facts, details, survey data to build actionable info. 

In general, I would think a higher duty of care would be appropriate in a levee situation. 

Start friendly and especially maintain communication seems to lead to the best results.  The hothead way rarely is a winner.  One year is understandable, two or three is a bit different.  Been on all sides of this issue.

Edited by sand85 5/9/2021 22:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)