AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Texas I don't understand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

RickB
Posted 2/19/2021 10:54 (#8844416 - in reply to #8844245)
Subject: RE: Question for Texas I don't understand

Lincoln County. NC
north1 - 2/19/2021 10:34

Can’t speak for everyone. Main comes in from below basement floor so it is 8’ deep. Have valves to shutoff outside home at main. Also have shutoff inside home in basement at water meter. Hot water heater is in basement with shutoff valve. From there water lines run on floor joists in basement and go up interior walls to kitchen and bathrooms. Never, ever on exterior walls and a double never on outside walls on north side of house. Never ever on outside walls to showers or toilets on outside walls. Can completely drain whole house via the water heater in basement as it is the lowest point and every drop will drain from pipes above at that point. All sinks, toilets and showers have separate shutoff valves. So you can basically isolate any toilet, sink, shower or you can shutoff at main and meter or completely drain every drop of water at the water heater.

Absolutely none of which applies where freezing weather is uncommon. I spent 60 years in NY and I can tell you things are vastly different in NC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)