AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GEO Thermal Heat ???....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Green-N-Clean "68"
Posted 1/4/2010 11:25 (#1001985 - in reply to #1001496)
Subject: Re: GEO Thermal Heat ???....

NE IOWA
We are also on our second year we have 2-5 ton geocomfort units closed loop, 2400 sq ft plus finished basement and three stall garage, garage temp set at 45 house at 71. Our house is all ICF construction to the rafters, Marvin windows, 2" of ureathane sprayed on top side of ceiling sealing up all the can lights etc. R-60 blown cellulose on top of that. I don't think you could build a more energy efficient home!! We have never needed to use our back up heat our unit keeps up fine.
But our elec bill just for the geo consistently runs in the $250 range. According to the geocomfort computer program when they were selling us on the system our bill just for the geo heat should be running $158 ave. Needless to say we are very disappointed. Based on all the positive posts here a person would think we have something done wrong but they haven't found it yet. Our power company does not have a lower rate for geo heat but that was taken into account when they ran it on their program. I'm starting to feel like geo heat is oversold and over hyped until I read all these favorable posts.
Just curious cyfarm & gunner what your elec costs are? Any ideas? Hope this isn't to late to get attention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)