AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GEO Thermal Heat ???....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

swne
Posted 1/4/2010 09:09 (#1001847 - in reply to #1001174)
Subject: Re: GEO Thermal Heat ???....

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
I have a 4 ton unit with 4-180' vertical wells in a 2'400 sq.ft. house with additional full basement. Basement does not require much heating or cooling. If it gets down close to zero for a couple of nights in a row the backup heat will come on for awhile in the early mornings. If we have some sunshine during the day it can be pretty cold...less than 10 degrees and backup heat and pump will shut down at times but if it is cloudy the pump will run most of the time and the backup heat will come on usually by evening and during the night. We have the thermostat set at 73 and it holds that temp exactly. We had a thermostat before that the temp would dip 3 degrees below the set temp before the heat strips came on and the backup heat did run a little less but I like this a little better with the constant temperature.
This was installed in '95 but have had no trouble with it and I would go with a heat pump for sure again. My total yearly electric bill....that include everything at the farmsite...shop and etc., but no bins or livestock is right around $2,000/year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)