AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When do farmers go back to growing food?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 3/16/2023 16:48 (#10143243 - in reply to #10143024)
Subject: RE: When do farmers go back to growing food?

Scott City KS
easymoney - 3/16/2023 12:34

What's your thoughts?

Was that a presentation the other day and I have seen similar presentations on YouTube on how the American Farmer needs to move away from commodity and get back to Growing actual food.

They had a good point that when growing a commodity the cheapest producer wins. And the guys growing food the closer to the consumer they are the more profit they had.

It was about 11% of the Corn actually made it to fructose syrup, cereals and other food-like products. 38% went to cattle. If trying to fat and cattle there's more efficient ways to do it than corn.

One presenter made a comment that if you're so proud of feeding the world how much food do you have to eat when you walk out of your house and go to your farm products.

Like any true AG talker I shouted "it won't work here", "how much 300 bushel corn has he grown" " would love to see you try and grow food on my soil", "what works on his farm don't work on my farm"

Thought I did a good job of representing agtalk! Lol !

I don't have consistent enough growing conditions to do anything direct to consumer. I've done a few irrigated things direct to consumer, but by the time I was done, guess what paid more? Corn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)