AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When do farmers go back to growing food?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

timis
Posted 3/16/2023 14:08 (#10143076 - in reply to #10143050)
Subject: RE: When do farmers go back to growing food?

Iowa
Ok Hilltop, youre ambitions (and I'm not being sarcastic) - I've done the roasted soybean thing with mixed results, and roasted beans and made coffee out of them but it kinda messed with my gut. Please share your recipe for the chips, thatd be cool to try. Wifes tried to convince me to do an acre of oats or wheat - at some point I should try it before I die, but I've never grown any small grains and itd be a learning process.

I think one of the roadblocks to becoming what I'd call and end product producer, is dealing with people. We all are able to relate to our "ag" sector, talk a similar language. However, the majority of us are not good with the general public. We do what we do because we like to be our own boss, and accountable to ourselves -- it takes a lot of independence to get up and do the things that HAVE to be done when theres nobody telling you what to do. It seems like in society anymore theres the group of people who look down on "farmers", and the group who looks at farmers as having been given everything. Now IF you're good at dealing with people, I think theres real oppertunity there, especially if you have a family that's willing to contribute - a few acres of veggies, could probably offset a lot of row crops - same with organic, theres money to be made there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)