AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

small time
Posted 12/2/2022 06:55 (#9960945 - in reply to #9960533)
Subject: RE: Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?

Home Columbia Mo. Row Crop Farm Novinger Mo.
TP from Central PA - 12/1/2022 20:00

I guess it was bred right in..............no money, fix it yourself or it doesn't work? I don't like other people working on my stuff anyhow, every time I pay for something to be done it back fires. Vehicle state inspections are bad enough, I can't do those, every time there is a problem when it comes back.............Most recently the wheel bolts(Notice I say bolts, BMW does not use studs on their sedans) that should be 125 ft/lbs or so in torque took my big impact to get them off to rotate tires, amazing they didn't strip them out hammering on them. Time before that the floating axle bearings weren't set to the right pre-load, didn't know it until I undercoated my stake body with gear oil when the seal was chewed up. Before that, I get a call that both headlights, both high and low beams in the pickup were blown and it won't pass, told them to not touch it I will put them in............yup, they were blown, now I took it there in the dark, both worked and were working when I shut the lights off and the truck down???????? I wasn't born last night. I envy you guys who can get people to do quality work.

This has been my experience also, have come to the same conclusion. Do it myself if I want it done right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)