AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 12/1/2022 20:10 (#9960555 - in reply to #9960496)
Subject: RE: Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!

jdironman - 12/1/2022 19:38 I am not trying to be smart nor in any way claim that I do, but if you could spend your time selling in the top 25% and raise crops yielding in top 25%, my guess your time would be more highly paid than turning a wrench. So everybody has different gifts, and sometimes the guy who hires his mechanic work done, might be doing better than you think. I can do basic maintenance, work on some grain stuff, but if I am faced with a major internal problem on a tractor or truck, I will hire somebody that knows what they are doing and go do something that I am good at that helps me pay for the expert. At end of the day I may not make the 100$ a hr plus that tech is charging but if he can do it in half the time and do it right, if I do something that adds 20-30$ a hr than my cost is considerably less than the 100$ or so a hr. We all try to get same result, but not all take the same road. Sometimes one is so proud of what they saved, they forget how much they could of made doing something else. Not trying to offend anyone.

X2. Lots of folks I know can fix anything but they can tear up an anvil in a sandbox with a rubber mallet!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)