AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Seedgrwr
Posted 12/3/2022 01:18 (#9962414 - in reply to #9960372)
Subject: RE: Does anyone farm with limited mechanical knowledge?

I’m no wonder mechanic but have a curious mind, always gotta see how things work. Many an RC was picked apart to see the insides, tvs, vcrs etc.
Eventually dad put me onto rebuilding our swather motor, I’d tear it apart clean it, install as much of the new parts I could, then he’d get a mechanic to come in and look things over and do the few parts we didn’t have tools for.. I was 13 at the time, and boy was I proud when that thing fired up and kept working good for years!
In high school we had a special projects course, I found the blue prints and made a material list, dad ordered the steel and off I went building a 16’ car hauler trailer. We used that thing for many years.
Once I got my own wheels I learnt that automatic transmissions don’t like water… the first time I brought it to the shop, the second time I removed and reinstalled the trans, the THIRD time I figured I better start learning this if this is gonna keep happening, have rebuilt 3 or 4 4L60E trannys since.

I guess it comes down to two things, your interest and time available. Like some guys said, if you don’t have an interest in mechanics, and can do something else more productive, so be it.

The way I skin the cat is maybe not how you skin a cat, but what’s the difference if we both end up holding a skinned cat?

Edited by Seedgrwr 12/3/2022 01:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)