AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 11/29/2022 08:19 (#9955734 - in reply to #9955586)
Subject: RE: It’s not the vehicle…

SWOH
Patriot81 - 11/29/2022 06:56

I recall the light bulb deal and I remember thinking it was dumb at the time but lightbulbs are small potatoes compared to vehicles…however, look at how much more they cost now compared to an incandescent bulb and they last no longer from my experience.

Some even don’t work straight from the box…that’s efficient…

How much more do they cost now? How much less than an incandescent do they cost to run? I can still get incandescents. I haven’t bought any for several years now. And so far I have not gotten a bad one out of the box (but I don’t buy the cheap ones) and they do seem to last much longer than the stupid curly fluorescents they tried to push on us. I know we’re talking incandescents but I’ll take LED over fluorescents so I’m glad we still have options. I was skeptical on the LED debacle when it maybe looked like they outlawed incandescents…which like I said, I can still get them. After using LED’s, I’m hooked. Except for Christmas lights and head lights, I’d be happy if those went away. Haven’t bought in incandescent in several years. I do not believe in government mandates. That includes ethanol. It’s my preference to use LED’s and apparently your choice to use incandescents and that’s the way it should be. I don’t live in California, never will. I don’t live in China, never will. I agree with you, no mandates and let us choose and give us a product that’s worth taking a look at. But running new tech in the ground just for the sake of it is foolish in my opinion. I’m sure it was a hard switch to go from a reliable candle to a finicky electric light bulb.

I don’t personally know Ed, just what I’ve read from him for the past 15 years. Based on that, it amuses me how many people on here he triggers. Kind of like Plowboy and Old Pokey used to do. Keep posting Ed, I enjoy the reads. We’ve lost Plowboy, Pokey, and Von…still need some brains on this site so keep rollin’ Ed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)