AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 11/29/2022 08:57 (#9955794 - in reply to #9955610)
Subject: RE: It’s not the vehicle…

south central WI
Baby Bull - 11/29/2022 06:12

California is taking that choice away by 2035. No more internal combustion car engines. They have passed the legislation already.

Choices are being taken away and it is because of the control the left can have with EVs.

I don’t care what people drive and I’d like others not to care what I drive. For me an electric vehicle makes no logical or economical sense. I buy used vehicles with over 100,000 miles on them and run them til they die. I don’t want high dollar vehicles and don’t need one.

We just took a trip to Texas and drove our ‘08 expedition with 286,000 miles on it. We drove straight through stopping only for gas. 5 people and our luggage and we were comfortable. No Ev would have provided what our $7500 used expedition did.

The real irritating aspect of the EV topic is the virtue signalling those with EV like to espouse. Drive your car and feel the self importance all you want. Your EV is way more damaging to the environment than you know or would ever accept. They are not a zero emission choice like I hear on the commercials.

You do realize that SUV's like the excursion are also thought of by many in a similar way. Not really virtue signaling, but ad a status symbol (similar to EV in my mind). It's really all in your head. Even if they truly are trying to cut you down, just ignore it. You're also cutting them down by calling it self important and virtue signaling.

Just FYI, I have no ev and drove a 2008 expedition until an employee backed a manure spreader into it, so now am driving a gad guzzling 2001 dodge 2500.

I would consider an EV just because I hate stopping for gas. It would be nice to have a fully charged vehicle every day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)