AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/30/2022 08:58 (#9957551 - in reply to #9957299)
Subject: RE: Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)

Thumb of Michigan
Norstman - 11/30/2022 07:58

pat-michigan - 11/30/2022 05:17

Kooiker - 11/29/2022 21:06

pat-michigan - 11/29/2022 07:35 And I think we're a very, very long way from being forced into EV's.

Define a "very, very long way".

2035 if you live in California.     That's only 12 years and change.   

It's usually only a matter of time before a bad idea out of California goes nationwide.   I'd bet that before 2035 comes and goes, there will be a national mandate (that takes effect at a later date TBD) on passenger vehicles being EV's only.

Thats all I got for now.

You don’t understand how things work or don’t care.

I have a pretty good understanding of "The California Effect". California is a big market. I get that. But, there also can be push back from outside California as well. All depends on the topic. In some cases, 49 other states have to let California take the lead, and I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon. Even on EV's.

My point about how I didn't feel like EV's would be mandated quickly - whatever quickly means- was based on how quickly leaded regular fuel made widely available via EPA Clean Air Standards, and then how quickly ethanol was mandated via the RFS. Even California recognizes its going to take a few years in their own state based on their mandate timeline comparing previous massive national mandates. Oil companies still had gas to sell when the lead was removed. They still had some gas to sell (although a little less) when the RFS standards were adopted. I just don't think they'll lay down without a fight just because California doesn't like them anymore. Could very well be wrong, but if I were a betting man.............

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)