AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SamT
Posted 11/29/2022 07:52 (#9955687 - in reply to #9955604)
Subject: RE: It’s not the vehicle…

Texas
When they first forced it on us, my wife and I spent a ton of money on “forever” bulbs. Minimum 10% didn’t work straight out of the box. We live in an old house and there’s old school bulbs that are still rolling in closets and stuff where I know I’ve swapped the green bulbs a few times.
You go buy a cheap light bulb today and it may run a week unless you’re lucky. That can’t be green.

The LED bulbs have finally got to where they are awesome and affordable. 15 years or more after the government forced us into a substandard and more expensive product.

It’s like DEF, you can’t tell me the extra fuel burned (my 21 gmc looses 4mpg during regen) all the infrastructure for DEF including plastic and boxes, plus the “keep driving” issue doesn’t add up to more emissions than a pre emissions diesel engine. Not to mention this diesel we burn today has by my calculations 15% less fuel economy in a low miles diesel pickup I’ve had since 2005.

The list goes on and on about how the government has screwed up pretty basic things under the guise of “saving the planet” when it’s really about making people rich. How about a gas can? Or employer paid health insurance for the middle class? Marraige? Adoption?

If a guy isn’t at least a little reserved about trusting something the government wants to change he can’t be sane.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)