AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/29/2022 07:35 (#9955657 - in reply to #9955533)
Subject: RE: Mr Ed Boysun (in a stern teacher voice)

Thumb of Michigan
I've enjoyed Ed's posts since I joined NAT many years ago. I've found his posts to be very interesting and clearly communicated, and I like to read them. Even if its about something that currently doesn't interest me.

Seems like there's always a new technology/ practice/ opinion/ President that gets people convinced they need to draw a line in the sand. Take a stand. Throw mud and insults at the offending despot. Its human nature I guess. I'm not immune from it. My Dad and I was the target of a lot of ridicule in my neighborhood for us selling the tillage equipment a long time ago and using notill or strip till or whatever the fashionable name for it was that year. And, we didn't start trying things on a back road off the beaten path. Hell no- crash and burn right on the most traveled roads. Just the Irish or bull-headedness I've inherited.

In the case of EV's- some are taking the very same lines as the anti ethanol crowd have been using for years. Or the pro lead in fuel group would have done had we had NAT back when lead was removed from fuel. And I think we're a very, very long way from being forced into EV's. A lot farther away than when lead was taken out of gas and ethanol was added.

For me personally, I'm not to where I can make an EV work yet. Likely a hybrid would work fine. I make regular trips pulling a trailer 330 miles + from mailbox to mailbox. So, don't think I'm a candidate just yet. I'm very intrigued with the ability to produce my own vehicle fuel via solar panels, though. The cost to produce juice has dropped a bunch- the cost to store not so much yet. It'll get there though.

And all this blather about "government Intervention". Ok, I get it- not a fan of that either. Too much anyway. I can also dangerously assume that those the most against it have also forsaken going to the FSA anymore as well, or cashing any checks derived from that office. Now, I realize thats not a good comparison. But I can also guarantee that a lot of the population in the US don't support farm payments or crop insurance subsidies at all. The uninformed lump farm payments and green energy all into the same story.

Its easy to throw stones. It can't be done at my place, so its not pertinent anywhere. I don't think along those lines necessarily. Maybe its not something I'm going to adopt today but might down the road. I'd rather have someone like Ed leading the discussion than anyone else I can think of.

Again, thanks for posting your experiences, Ed. I am enjoying the discussion.

Edited by pat-michigan 11/29/2022 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)