AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please explain to me how a flex draper is going to help save beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pond Rat
Posted 10/24/2012 07:24 (#2658047 - in reply to #2658012)
Subject: Re: Please explain to me how a flex draper is going to help save beans

midwest
Often you can start about half an hour earlier on dewey mornngs and run at least an hour later when the dew is setting in at night. Does not sound like much but it adds up to another day a week in a long bean harvest. Sometimes I get aggravated at bean harvest becasue I the operater am ready to quit but the beans are still cutting late into the night. I ususally let the help go home around dark and cut 3 more trailer loads and fill the cart up before quiting.

The ability to tilt the header back a few degrees in the evening is the big thing to limit pushing. Pushing is usally what makes me quit but it is later into the night. A hydralic tilt on an auger head should have been used years ago, but no one ever thought of it I guess. MacDon also has a superior reel design that can clean the cutter bar if needed without cutting off teeth or shattering when it gets tough.
I am color blind when it comes to equipment, my shed is a rainbow, but I am amazed at the peolpe here that wouldn't even look at a draper until it could be green.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)