AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please explain to me how a flex draper is going to help save beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iamdunker
Posted 10/24/2012 02:34 (#2657967 - in reply to #2657569)
Subject: RE: Please explain to me how a flex draper is going to help save beans

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
FWIW, I went from a jd 920(non full finger flex) to a 625 F(full finger hydraflex). I honestly thing the 625f saves more beans than the 920. Probably along the lines of around 2 or 3 bpa. The newer sections are far superior and last 5 times as long. I don't know why i didn't go full finger years ago. Hydraflex is very very nice. The head cuts great even at 5.5 miles per hour. I am constantly adjusting the reel height/fore and aft which is now possible because of auto steer. Adjusting the reel constantly makes a huge difference when it comes to saving beans with the 625f. I absolutely love the 625F and i have no doubts that a draper is the next level of greatness but in our 1000 acre half corn, half soy operation, spending 70 grand on a head just doesn't justify itself. Although, it will most likely be the next major iron purchase we make.

Also, if you have the 625f set up right, that reel will get real low, but i think the guys above are on to something when it comes to short beans. You gotta feed the combine evenly which no auger flex head will do. So i can definitely see a draper paying for it's self in short beans but we are talking quite a few acres here. There is that breaking point where it makes sense.

Edited by iamdunker 10/24/2012 03:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)