AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on Electric cars and trucks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/11/2019 10:25 (#7237233 - in reply to #7236334)
Subject: RE: More on Electric cars and trucks

southern MN
Maxzillian - 1/10/2019 21:20

To be frank, try heating your house with gasoline and see what the cost is.

It'd be one thing if this was all theoretical, but it's already proven that electric cars are cheaper per mile to "fuel". Look up owner reports on the Chevy volt for a good apples to apples comparison of gas-only operation versus electric.

Now that can certainly change in the future. Utility costs may go up and I eventually expect lawmakers to eventually come up with a way to apply road tax to electric vehicles.

You are relying upon numbers created by a social engineering think tank to say electric vehicles run on renewable energy are somehow cheaper than gasoline/diesel vehicles.

Wind and photovoltaics are subsidized to at least 1/3 of their costs. Excess taxes are levied on coal and fuels to ‘balance’ the numbers you are using.

We don’t use whale oil much any more; it used to be a common energy source bought and traded.

Things change and someday we will have different transportation power than we do today.

I hope that comes about based on science and practicality, and not on fake numbers and some bearucrat 1000 miles away telling me whatever she thinks is best for me whether it works or is economical or not.

Some folk love living in a fake world.

I find it a miserable thing.

To sum up, I don’t believe it is truthful to say electric vehicles are more efficient/ cheaper than an internal combustion engine today. I believe the numbers get reworked and massaged to pretend it is so.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)