AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 1/11/2017 10:27 (#5760133 - in reply to #5760021)
Subject: RE: What do you think

SESD
Interesting. So when it comes to parenting, what OC says, or what society says, or what the government says is the gold standard? Don't want to head off in a totally different direction here, but you are all up in arms about "a parents right" being extended to the point of what you call criminal, and yet you wouldn't even consider abortion as a "right" that has been given for far too long. Especially in this day and age of medical knowledge of how a baby forms and is developed there is no doubt that it is murder, at least at some point early in the pregnancy. So, your compass says "harm" to a child should be criminal, but allowing murder is ok because society allows that "right" to be granted. Seems like the magnet your compass follows has some issues.

Where would you stop and start this criminal activity of "forcing them to be something they are not"? If my kid is naturally left handed and I "force" him to be right handed, should I have broken a law? If my kid feels natural to go 1 or 2 out in public at any age and I "force" him not to, should I have broken the law?(after all, no harm to anyone) If my kid feels like a kid of opposite gender, should I have broken a law if I train them to accept or understand that they are not? Would you be in favor of laws against parents raising children in a way that is against anything YOU deem as criminal? I don't have to look too far to see children being raised in ways that are much different than the way I raise mine, and many of those differences could lead to problems later in life, should one or both of us be a criminal?

You see OC, as in many of your posts, you don't recognize the flaws of your compass. You won't acknowledge the problems in your own beliefs. You won't consider that someone who disagrees with you, especially if it is because of their faith, to actually have ideas and morals that are at least as valid as yours, even in the light of your world view. The fact is, parents(or parents who actually parent) form, force, brainwash, discipline, or what have you. Where does OC draw the line? Where does JR draw the line? Where does gov draw the line? ETC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)