AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 1/10/2017 12:29 (#5758078 - in reply to #5757531)
Subject: RE: What do you think

North Central Illinois
While I have a very hard time wrapping my head around the idea of trans gender it isn't really anything new. In the past I'm sure there were kids who knew deep in their heart that they were very conflicted about their gender. If they had the guts to tell their parents or anyone else about their feelings I'm sure they were either ignored or ridiculed. Some probably got some shock therapy to try to persuade them they didn't feel the way they thought they did. All of this usually resulted in the child clamming up and living the rest of their life in misery being someone they knew they were not. In a case like this with an eight year old I do whole heartedly believe that some sort of counseling or therapy is in order before a parent can let a child sail off in this direction. It may very well turn out that after a few years of counseling the child will still feel the same way and end of being a trans gender person. If that is the case that is fine. An eight year old is still too young too know what they are or who they want to be. Even if they confide their feelings or desires to the parents I think it is still in the child's best interest to take a wait and see attitude with perhaps the counseling along with it. A child that age changes their mind constantly about everything. If a parent starts pushing them down the road of having them identify as trans gender they are really backing them into a corner if they decide in a few years this is not who they are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)