AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 1/17/2017 18:11 (#5774868 - in reply to #5774190)
Subject: RE: What do you think

North of London
So tell me Steve why it bothers you so much that I point out the fallacies while it is all right for people to spout this religious stuff all the time?
Why would you only want to allow one side?
Why do you object so much to having facts noted?

You do understand the definition of faith I hope.
Faith is what you have to rely on when there is no evidence, no proof to back up what you want to believe.

That gets you only beliefs that have no basis in fact and many of those beliefs are beyond the laws that control how things work so should have a lot of evidence behind them before anyone using critical thinking would accept them.
that is why I say I am waiting for evidence before accepting claims about super natural beings that could only exist outside the known universe that we live in.

So if prayer actually worked then why would you not pray for a new limb, or to be able to walk again after your back was broken?

Even your employees in your religions admit that they only pray for things that might actually happen or say the prayer in such a way that there is an out if it is not carried out.

Think critically, listen to the words used, look at the results of reputable studies.

And yes you pray for healing and those who were not prayed for get better too, some of those you pray for do not get better too..
So what does that tell you?

BTW you do not believe in a lot of gods too, I just have not been presented with any evidence of ANY god so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)