AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you make these new vehicles not shut of when sitting at a stop light?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DanR
Posted 5/15/2021 14:37 (#9006586 - in reply to #8993767)
Subject: RE: Can you make these new vehicles not shut of when sitting at a stop light?

SW Sask
I agree 100% with what you're saying. However, 99% of vehicle users have neither the motivation nor the inclination.

Manufacturers make vehicles based on the customers. Most folks on this forum are, unfortunately, in the minority.

The choices are, as I see it.... 1) find (create?) a maker that will build a "rural special" vehicle. Based off of something standardized to the point where you don't need separate crash testing, etc, that all add to vehicle cost. BUT: the "rural special" customers all need to agree on the spec to limit options. If the guys complaining about auto start/stop cannot also agree to rubber floormats or built-in phone connectivity, this turns into a whole bunch of options, which is not going to be producible in volume. And they we all have to pay a premium to get these vehicles, because it costs the builder more to make them because of the low volume (and even more than that, if we get greedy and want thicker body panels made of steel, etc, etc).

Or 2) we buy what suburban dwellers want to park in their driveway, take advantage of any features that we DO like, and accept that this is the most cost-effective way for us to get around, even if there are some things we don't agree with.

When my dad used to lament vehicle stuff, he would sometime qualify it by saying "What can you do. They sell more vehicles in a day in California than they do in all of Canada." This is going to sound ridiculous, but it was many years later when I stopped to look, and realized that the populations are equal, so this is much closer to fact than hyperbole or exaggeration.

danr
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)